Thanks so much to my blogger buddy Cherie of That Blog Where Cherie Moves to Germany for the recognition! I love her blog and I admire her so much for up and moving to Germany with her family.
So, here are the rules attached to this particular award:
1. The nominee writes a post, thanking the nominator.
Duh! There’s no way I wouldn’t thank someone for that. Thanks Cherie!
2. Nominee shares a brief story about how the blog started.
3. Nominee shares 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
4. Nominate 15 bloggers
I started blogging several years ago, then stopped. Then a couple of years went by and I decided that I wanted to talk about living life after age 50, having adventures, traveling, sharing photographs, and just whatever. I’m humbled that over 225 folks have decided that I may actually have something interesting to say! Who knew!
- JUST BE YOU. Don’t try to be hilarious or cutsey or ranty or whatever …. don’t do what others do just because they are successful. Find your own voice.
- Interact with other bloggers — don’t just hit the LIKE button, tell them WHY you liked their post. Or didn’t like it.
Fatty McCupcakes (yeah, I know Cherie just nominated you, but you are one of my FAV’S)
Waking Up on the Wrong Side of 50 (my “sister of the same-ish mother”!)
Damn, Girl. Get Your Shit Together (funniest effing blog. Period.)