Oh wow, another really cool award, this one being from my pal Cherie at. I’m humbled, thanks so much! And, approaching 200 (!) followers, I’m still amazed that folks pop in to read what I write or look at my photos. To all of you that stop by, “like” a post or photo, leave a comment, and follow me, y’all are the sunshine in my sometime-gloomy days.
I guess there are “rules” to this award …. ok, ok, I’ll play along …
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post. Link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award (sorry, I only did 8) and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
The 11 questions from Cherie:
1. Are you a Cat person, or a Dog person? Why?
Both, actually. I love dogs but cannot have a large dog at my condo (condo rules say dogs of 25 lbs or less … THAT’ S not a dog … therefore I have cats). When I have a place that allows large dogs, I’ll get at least one Doberman.
My cats, though, are loves. Georgie must have head butts when I come home from work, and both are just wonderful companions.
2. What is your dream vacation destination?
My dream vacation USED to be beach. ONLY. Now, I believe my dream vacay would be no specific destination, just a road trip that never ends.
3. How many languages do you speak and what are they?
I speak only English, however, my boss Bill gave me Rosetta Stone to learn German. I haven’t even made it thru the first level. I’m a slacker.
4. What is your biggest regret?
Regret? Getting involved with the man who was the major cause of my divorce to Husband #2. My life has never been the same, and I’ve not gotten involved with another man since.
5. What has been your greatest accomplishment?
Outside of going back to school in my 40’s and getting a degree in Paralegal Studies summa cum laude, my greatest accomplishment would be that my girls have grown to be good people. You sometimes wonder if anything you say as a parent really sticks with them — looks like it did.
6. What is your absolute favorite meal (If money were no matter)?
Crab legs. No contest.
7. How many countries have you visited?
I have yet to get a stamp in my passport, but I’m not dead yet, either!
8. If you could bring back any old sitcom, what would it be?
Designing Women. I love sassy Southern women.
9. Who has been the most influential person in your life?(for good or bad)
My Mom. She taught us unconditional love, but also how NOT to mother your kids. I love her, but don’t always like her. I’m certain the feeling is mutual.
10. How do you take your coffee or tea? Black, sugar, honey, lemon, milk, cream??Tea is usually unsweetened iced or hot with a splash of cream — Coffee is either black or 1 TBSP of heavy whipping cream (Keto diet)
11. Imagine you have been given a plane ticket to anywhere, but you have to leave right now. You can take whoever is standing beside you and take whatever you have with you. Where do you choose to go?
Well, I’m at work right now, and no one is standing next to me (!). Besides, I’m a solo traveler, so I don’t really wish for a travel partner. The plane ticket must ALSO come with unlimited funds attached, or I’ll be sitting somewhere with no money for food, drinks, accommodations …. If no money comes with it, I guess I’ll go to Denver, CO, as I can stay with my brother and his family and mooch off them 🙂
Here are my nominees (some of y’all aren’t necessarily “new”, but you bring sunshine to my life – so sue me, I “broke” the rules – lol). Please do not feel any obligation to accept this, I know that everyone has busy lives! I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you, and I read your blogs.
And because I AM such a fucking slacker (oops, F-bomb), y’all get the same questions that Cherie sent me. Mostly because I like them.
- Are you a Cat person, or a Dog person? Why?
- What is your dream vacation destination?
- How many languages do you speak and what are they?
- What is your biggest regret?
- What has been your greatest accomplishment?
- What is your absolute favorite meal (If money were no matter)?
- How many countries have you visited?
- If you could bring back any old sitcom, what would it be?
- Who has been the most influential person in your life?(for good or bad)
- How do you take your coffee or tea? Black, sugar, honey, lemon, milk, cream??
- Imagine you have been given a plane ticket to anywhere, but you have to leave right now. You can take whoever is standing beside you and take whatever you have with you. Where do you choose to go?
Cherie, thanks again. I hope I can travel out to Germany and maybe hang with you. What a blast THAT would be!