I just found this great Christmas Q&A at Blessings By Grace: participate if you so desire!
1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
A Christmas Story ( you’ll shot your eye out!)
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Lots of them —- I’m from Northern Illinois
3. Where do you usually spend Christmas?
At home with Mom and Dad and my sister.
4. What are your favourite Christmas songs?
O Holy Night …. many others, but THAT’S my favorite
5. When does your family put up your Christmas tree?
I’m usually more of a Grinch and put it up mid-December, however I got a new 4 foot tree and put it up before Thanksgiving! Definitely NOT my norm.
6. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve?
Yes – it’s a tradition from when we lived away from my Mom’s parents (my father was Navy). We would open the presents from them and call to say thank-you and Merry Christmas. I continued the tradition with my own children.
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Spending the day with my folks.
8. Who decorates the Christmas tree?
When the kids were small, we all helped out, but I live alone now and do my own decorating.
9. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake. 😦 I’m more of a “real tree” gal, but my condo is just not very big.
10. Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts?
11. What is your favourite holiday treat/meal?
My Mom used to make a streusel-topped coffee cake every Christmas morning …. that always means Christmas to me.
12. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
Several years ago, my stepfather took most of his collection of arrowheads passed down from his father and made a shadow-box for me. He also made two bookends made from stone axheads. I just cried when I saw it. It was probably THE most amazing gift ever. Here’s a photo (without the bookends, though).
13. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Munich, Germany — I’d like to explore a real Christkindlmarkt.
14. Are you a pro-present wrapper?
Most definitely. 😉
15. What’s your most memorable holiday moment?
16. Do you make new years resolutions?
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
The joy of giving and spending time with my family.
18. Are you a late Christmas shopper or not?
Well, most of my gift recipients live out of state, so I don’t have the “luxury” of waiting until the 11th hour.
19. Do you like having your Christmas gifts kept as a surprise?
20. Have you ever peeked to see what your present was?
My sister and I used to rifle through Mom’s closet and figure out who got what!
21. Does your family have a special holiday recipe that you make every year?
My sister makes caramel corn with nuts from our stepfather’s Mom’s recipe to give as gifts. I used to bake my Grandmother’s cookie recipes when the kids were small.
22. Have you ever gone Christmas carolling?
Many times when I was a Girl Scout.
23. What tops your Christmas tree?
Traditionally it’s an angel, but my tiny tree sports a big silver glittery/sequined poinsettia flower!
24. When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
25. What makes Christmas special for you?
Spending time with my family.
26. Why do you celebrate Christmas?
In short, I celebrate Christmas because it is a time to remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.